Monday, May 23, 2011

Kinky-Kurly Crunchy???

After not using Kinky curly for over five years, I decided to try the product line again. This time I went into the process an educated curldive. I first went to Kinky-Kurly's webpage and watched the application tutorial. WoW Knowledge! I did as the video suggested using all of the product line (it costs me a whopping 60.00+ at Wholefoods Market). It is less as Target BUT there always sold out and where I live even though we have several targets there is only one store that carries this product. I am off topic. LOL Okay, so I washed my hair with the KK shampoo and then conditioned with the KK Knot Today. Using a Goody two sided brush I detangled. Since my hair is 3B/C combo I rinsed most of the conditioner out before applying the Curling Custard. I have Medium length hair (shoulder length when straightened) so this process took about an half an hour. I applied the product using the shingling technique because I didn't really care for the tackyness of the product (it dries fine it's just a bit to slimy for me when wet). Since it was 80 outside I let my hair air dry. At the end of the day my hair was a little bit hard like I had used a light gel. Not sure what happened but I am guessing to much custard not enough conditioner. I was able to spray with a light oil sheen and the crisp to my hair was gone. Overall, I am very satisfied that I was able to get three days of wear so far by adding just a bit of water and small bit of spritz in the front. I will repeat this process next weekend and post a youtube video under CurlDiva! This time I will make the adjustments as stated earlier. I think the thicker your hair is the better it is tp leave in the conditioner.

Caution! Unlike other products Kinky

No comments:

Post a Comment